Do It Online
GP online services allow you to access a range of services via your computer, mobile or tablet. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices
If you're a patient at our practice you can use the NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet. You can also use the website version. For more information go to www.nhs.uk/nhsapp.
What the NHS App does
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it.
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments.
- check your symptoms – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you.
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision.
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
- view parts of your GP record – including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results.
How to sign-up
You can sign up directly in the NHS app, including confirming your identity to access your medical records.
Other Online Service Providers
Although we recommend the NHS app, there are other online services providers available that will allow you to do many of the same things. Use the website links to each service below for details.
Linked Profiles (Proxy Access)
If you would like somebody to help manage your health, you can give them access to your online services. This is called a linked profile in the NHS app or proxy access in other online providers. The other person may be a parent, family member or carer.
You need to ask the practice to setup proxy access for you. Please submit a request using our online form. The person you are giving access to will need to show us their identification odcuments
If the person you want to give access to is registered with us, they can use the NHS app to view your services as a linked profile.
If the person you want to give access to is registered at a different practice, they can use Patient Access as a proxy user for your services.
Getting Help To Go Digital
We realise that not everyone is confident using technology and digital access. That's why we still offer traditional ways to get in touch like the telephone.
If you want to improve your digital skills and take advantage of newer ways to engage with us, then free training and support is available. Visit the following websites to find out what is available.